Belle Heritage serves a variety of individuals and organizations such as film producers, museum professionals, travel writers, historical guides and cultural interpreters through our professional consulting and training expertise.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Training managers, staff members, docents, tour guides, and volunteers to develop a team mentality, fulfill their site’s mission, connect with diverse audiences, build excellent community relations, and enhance visitor experiences
- Contributing knowledge, research skills, and fact-checking abilities to ensure that feature films, documentaries, and museums accurately represent the time and place portrayed in their productions through appropriate period clothing, historically correct sets, and first-class living history interpretation
- Creating meaningful interpretive plans for museums and historic sites that connect visitors with resources
- Facilitating and conducting oral history interviews
- Contextualizing and conveying personal and community stories
- Bringing history to life through relevant, compelling living history programs
Let us know how we can help you! Contact us here.
“As a member of the Cash Clan, I have been both impressed and moved by the dedication and drive demonstrated by Dr. Istre in the Historic Dyess Colony: Boyhood Home of Johnny Cash Project. Her work ethic, research capabilities and engagement with the Cash family and public figures in the area were indispensable in the restoration of the Johnny Cash Boyhood Home in Dyess, AR, where many of my family lived and grew up between 1932 and 1958, including myself from birth until 1947.”
–Roy Cash, Jr.
"My staff's performance improved tremendously after working with Dr. Istre!"
–Scott Daubert, Director, 3rd Infantry Museum, U.S. Army
“I traveled to America as a young man to pursue my education thinking I would be forced to separate from my rich culture in Saudi and eat tasteless food. Instead, God led me to the Istres who I now consider my second family. They introduced me to the Creole world, a culture full of love and wonderful flavors. I enjoyed my Louisiana experience so much, I was inspired to open Saudi Arabia’s first Creole restaurant. I still rely on Elista’s expertise to ensure that our Cajun and Creole restaurant features delicious dishes and represents an authentic, hospitable atmosphere that brings me back to my beloved Louisiana.”
–Ahmed Al-Omair, owner, Creole Café and Restaurant, Saudi Arabia